Your Doctors, along with their colleagues at BCD Health Partners, have compiled a list of trusted web sites to provide you with reliable information regarding the health and well being of your children. We hope you find this to be a valuable resource.
Stay involved in your child’s care. Tools to help you manage your child’s chronic medical condition.
Your doctors and their colleagues at BCD HealthPartners have compiled a list of resources to help you manage your child’s chronic medical condition. These include links to sites with valuable information and as well as tools you can print out and use at home.
Is Your Child Sick
Healthychildren.org Symptom Checker from the American Academy of Pediatrics is an excellent resource when your child is ill. Select from over 100 symptoms to read more about managing your child’s illness, grouped by body part or A-Z index.
Common medical concerns
Feeding and Development Advice
At all well care visits, your provider will discuss the feeding and development of your child and perform growth assessments and developmental screens.
In addition, we have prepared Feeding and Development Advice guidesheets to use as a guide for each well care visit from age 2 weeks to 2 years of age, which are also linked below. Each guidesheet presents a sample daily meal plan and developmental milestones that your child should be achieving as he grows. Please discuss any nutritional or developmental concerns with your provider.
- 2 Week Old
- 2 Month Old
- 4 Month Old
- 6 Month Old
- 9 Month Old
- 12 Month Old
- 15 Month Old
- 18 Mont Old
- 24 Month Old
In addition, dosage charts for many common medications are available. Click the links below for dosing information.
The healthychildren.org symptom checker from the American Academy of Pediatrics is an excellent resource when your child is ill. Select from over 100 symptoms to read more about managing your child’s illness, grouped by body part or A-Z index. Includes dosage charts for:
- HealthyChildren.org – from the AAP
- KidsDoc Symptom Checker – A great resource if your child is ill, from HealthyChildren.org
- American Academy of Pediatrics – the parent site of HealthyChildren.org
- NJ Parent Link – a link to numerous New Jersey State resources.
- Kids Healthcast
- Your Guide to Breastfeeding
- Safety of Drugs in Breastfeeding (LACTMED)
- La Leche League International
- Vaccinate Your Baby
- Every Child By Two
- CDC Vaccine Schedule
- New Jersey School Immunization Requirements
- Travelers’ Health from the CDC
- Childhood Immunization Support Program
- Vaccines for Pregnant Women from the CDC
- CHOP Vaccine Information Center
- Immunization Action Coalition
- Plain Talk About Childhood Immunizations
- Got Childhood Vaccine Questions? (from the CDC)
- Does MMR vaccine cause autism?
- HPV Vaccine Info
- 10 Vaccine Myths–Busted
- Where Vaccine Doubt Persists
- Autism Study an Elaborate Fraud
- New Jersey Poison Control
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Car Seat Information
- Home Safety Checklist
- Commercial but interesting site on Computer and Internet Safety and Privacy
- Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics Online
- Need Help Accessing Mental Health Services?
- Autism Information
- Healthy Minds: Nurturing Your Child’s Development (Zero to Three)
- Talking to Children About Death
- Books for Children About Death and Dying