As the COVID-19 outbreak continues, Chestnut Ridge Pediatrics will be taking precautionary measures to help keep our patients and our staff safe. In addition to screening all patients about any potential exposure risks, starting this upcoming Monday, March 16 we will be changing our scheduling practices as outlined below.
- Until further notice, only 1 family member or caregiver will be allowed to accompany the patient to any visit. Please call the front desk to discuss any potential issues related to this guideline.
- During our normal weekday hours we will see our sick or same-day patient appointments in the morning.
- After the morning session the office will be cleaned and disinfected.
- We will reserve our afternoons for patients with no known exposure to come for physicals and non-respiratory sick visits (injuries, follow-ups, ADHD visits, etc.)
- Late afternoon and evening hours will be reserved for sick appointments only.
- Any patients with fever and cough will be asked to call our office from our parking lot so we can direct them to the appropriate entrance and room number. We will have masks available in the room for the patient and caregiver to wear during the visit.
- Our telephone advice hour will continue as always, Monday through Thursday from 7:30-8:30 AM
- We are currently in the process of setting up telemedicine capabilities for our office and will update you when that service becomes available.
We appreciate your understanding during this time. As always, we are 100% committed to keeping you and your children safe and as healthy. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.